One of my 2016 resolutions is to eat healthy on a regular basis. I don’t pretend to be able to stick to the plan without any hiccups but I try… And here are a few tips that might help:
- If possible, get your breakfast ready the day before or get everything you will use ready (bread, peanut butter and a banana on your counter top for example 😉 );
- Think before buying and control yourself. If you don’t buy any junk food you will only have healthier options;
- Try to add some colours in every meal. Don’t you like to eat nice looking food?
- Find alternatives. Sugar can be substituted for healthier options like agave and maple syrup, honey or stevia;
- Don’t alway eat the same food, you’ll get tired of it. Variety is key;
What happens now is that I try to wake up 1 hour earlier to have the time to get ready and eat my breakfast home. Last week for example I had oats with fruits, pancakes, peanut butter and banana toast or muesli with fruits. These are breakfast options that take 5 minutes to prepare in the morning or that you can prepare the day before. It is healthy and will keep you full for a few hours 🙂 I usually take to work an apple and some clementines as well as a soy yogurt which I will eat during the day. This increases my fruit and protein intake and that means getting a lot of energy throughout my hours at work.
OK this is one healthy meal…2 more to go!